Dr. Robert C. Raley has maintained a private practice in Central Austin, TX for nearly 40 years.
Dr. Raley treats adult patients of all ages and has a special interest in geriatric care and preventative medicine. His education journey began at The University of Texas at Austin for his BS in Electrical Engineering and was immediately followed by his MSEE at SMU in Dallas, TX. At that time, he decided to pursue a career in medicine.
After completing medical school at UT Southwestern, he joined the United States Air Force in 1973, serving as a flight surgeon. This provided an abundance of experience that he now applies to his daily practice and patient care. During this time, he also completed an internship at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, TX, focusing on Internal Medicine.
Dr. Raley has called Austin home since 1975, serving two years at Bergstrom Air Force Base and then starting his private practice. He enjoys spending time with his wife Cherry, his grandchildren and their hunting dogs. In his spare time, he has a passion for bird hunting and all outdoor activities.
Education & Training
- The University of Texas at Austin, TX – Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, 1967
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX – Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering, 1968
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX 1972
- Internal Medicine Internship, Parkland Hospital, Dallas, TX 1973
- United States Air Force, 1973-1977
- Private Practice, 1977 – Present
Licenses & Certifications
- Texas Medical Board
- Texas Medical Association
- Travis County Medical Society